Saturday 30 July 2016

Plymouth University: Student Bucket List

University can be a very stressful time, me and my friends decided to give ourselves hope and something to look forward to. This was done by creating a Bucket List of things that we wanted to do before we left Plymouth. Due to uni work constraints and stress it is not always possible to do all the things you want to during term time. However, once exams were done, coursework handed in and dissertations complete - we were free, free to do all the things we wanted to (with a little bit of sadness due to the fact that we were leaving Plymouth and all these things would not be on our doorsteps any more).

Ensuring we gave ourselves some time to chill and enjoy Plymouth we came back and had what we termed "a week of fun" - which is a week I will forever remember. I really do urge you to do the same and have fun and a bit of closure with your uni town and university friends.

Our week of fun and things I have enjoyed doing in  my four years at Plymouth:
  • chilling on the hoe with my friends, having a picnic, eating fish and chips and roasting marshmallows - as soon as the sun is out the hoe is the place to be 
  • walking to the hoe and barbican in all kinds of weathers (it is Plymouth after all)
  • listening to live music at the barbican 
  • having a house sleepover 
  • dancing to our hearts content in the cheese room in oceana
  • visiting Penny Well farm (not Plymouth I know but was a highlight!) 
  • nights in with my my amazing friends
  • melting chocolate with rice crispies 
  • dancing on cuba bar despite being a third year
  • drinking wine at the hoe on rocks by the sea
  • indian meals - Ghanges and Ghurka/ Curry Corner
  • getting involved with many projects and university services
  • going to the beach for the day and freezing to death in the sea, whilst almost killing ourselves climbing up and down what felt like a cliff edge 
  • starting up the amazing Student Minds society 
  • first year nights out in C1Os (+ the party bus)
  • making up dances and playing just dance (your never to old!)
  • going to the yearly fireworks 
  • pre drinks and house parties
  • managing to sleep with 3 people in a single bed 
  • cutting down a tree in the garden all day with a rusty bread knife
  • swimming in the lido until we turned blue 

I have had the best four years and seriously the good times have far outweighed my struggles. 

2 comments:

  1. sounds like you have had a amazing time, I have always wanted to be by the sea!!! xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma - I really did. Uni is hard but I had the best time when I actually reflect on it all! Its lush living by the sea - not as great when the weather is rubbish though!xxx

      Delete